Introducing the Pacifica Continuum!
In three years, Pacifica has become known as a Christ-centered, academically respected, and deeply relational community. Through an unwavering commitment to our mission and the excellent work of our founders, we have established a distinct identity in the landscape of high school education.
To ensure the continuity of a Pacifica education for generations to come, we have aligned our language with images that represent Pacifica’s mission and vision.
Learning to think and live well is a life-long journey. We approach education as a joy-instilling, freedom-producing adventure, and provide our graduates with a foundation for success in college, life, work, and faith. We call this journey the Pacifica Continuum.
It is with great joy that I reveal this good work.
With love and prayers,
Head of School
It starts with Purpose
Pacifica Christian is a liberal arts high school, devoted to teaching young men and women to think critically and wisely, instilling heartfelt joy and interest in learning, while encouraging lives of faith, character, and service to the glory of God.
Comes to life in Culture
We are intentional about every aspect of our shared life together, rooted in these six behaviors:
- Ask good questions – The hopeful and humble first step in the quest toward truth.
- Learn from others – The vital need for every person’s unique contribution to the conversation.
- Fail forward – The encouragement to take risks and learn from mistakes as a key to growth.
- Assume the best – The willingness to listen, learn, and experience joy beyond our initial expectations.
- Pursue balance – The commitment to work hard, play hard, and rest well.
- Act with conviction and compassion – The courage to pursue the truth in the midst of conflict and to engage others with grace and love.
Is formed in Practice
Pacifica’s approach to teaching and learning is grounded in these five beliefs:
- The Liberal Arts and Sciences cultivates human flourishing
- Relationships anchor formation
- Curiosity drives conversation
- Learning blooms in connected and dynamic spaces
- Education is fulfilled in service
And, results in the Pacifica Person
We measure success by the students’ development in academics, arts, athletics, service, and the character of their lives after they graduate Pacifica.
Our goal is for each student to be a…
How do we use the Pacifica Continuum
The Pacifica Continuum is not a mere document, it is rather a living expression of how we build a thriving learning community. Our commitment to this lifelong process is experienced through:
- All-School Retreat;
- Classroom discussions;
- Student leadership (AS/Prefects/Captains);
- Senior projects;
- Co-Curricular athletics and arts;
- Eating lunch with teachers; and
- So much more…
A Lesson from George Washington - Happy Thanksgiving
Being thankful for every aspect of our lives creates a foundation for thinking and living well. As we become increasingly grateful for our ability to think, reason, and explore the world God created, we become better students. As we grow in appreciation for the people with whom we share life, we become better spouses, friends, and citizens. As we grow in gratefulness for our failures and the trials we encounter—that God is in the process of redeeming—we enjoy a deeper experience of peace. As we grow in our gratitude for the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, we experience true joy.Read More
Sign up for our newsletter!
Learn more about our joy-instilling, freedom-producing education by subscribing to our e-Newsletter.