Tritons Athletics – 2015 in Review
As a brand new school, 2015 was a year of FIRSTS in every way imaginable. In late August, our founding Freshmen and Sophomores were greeted by faculty and staff for the FIRST, first day of school. As the days passed, our students experienced their first homework assignments, first lunches with their teachers, first Associated Students meetings, first Socratic dialogues, first school dance, first auditions for the school play, and first tests. Through it all, our dedicated faculty and staff taught them to engage their minds to think well and shape their hearts to live well in order to enjoy an abundant life.
At the same time, our student-athletes—over 90% of our student body compete in at least one sport—had the unique and humbling opportunity to experience a myriad Athletics FIRSTS.
A Year of FIRSTS
- First Athletics Win and First Home Game in the Triton Event Center as Girls Volleyball defeated Capistrano Valley Christian School on September 3rd
- First Chance to Grow when a second Girls Volleyball team (Frosh/Soph) was added so ALL interested students could play
- First Tournament Win as Girls JV Volleyball dominated the Silver Division of the Murrieta Valley Night Hawk Classic defeating Fallbrook High School (2,600 students) in the Final round in two straight sets, 25-19 and 25-13
- First Boys and Girls Cross Country meet at the Fastback Shootout at Mt. Sac on September 5th
- First Personal Records set in Boys and Girls Cross Country then broken and reset
- First Winning Season as Girls JV Volleyball finished 13-5
- First Boys Basketball points scored in Triton Events Center on December 8th against Bethel Baptist
- First Girls Soccer Game played, and won, against Sage Hill on December 1st
- First Rowing competition on December 6th at the Long Beach Rowing Association Christmas Regatta
- First Undefeated Stretch as Girls Soccer enters 2016 with 4 wins and NO losses, outscoring their opponents 24-1
In 2015, Pacifica formed two integral partnerships to grow and support our Athletic program. The first, with Newport SeaBase Rowing, offers the only scholastic rowing program in Orange County. The second, with Newport Orthopedic Institute, provides physical fitness management and education to our student-athletes in order to treat and prevent sports and exercise related injuries.
Looking Forward to 2016
The Tritons have so much to look forward to in 2016. Here’s a taste of what’s to come…
Winter and Spring Sports
Both Girls Soccer and Boys Basketball will resume their Winter Seasons this month. You are welcome to catch The Tritons in action at any of our home or away games. Click here to view our Athletics Calendar. Additionally, the following Spring sports will commence in March:
- Boys and Girls Golf
- Girls Beach Volleyball
- Boys Volleyball
- Boys and Girls Track and Field
At Pacifica, our student-athletes do more than play sports… they also participate in student government, visual and performing arts, The Wedge pep squad and more. Our flexible schedule and dedicated staff make it possible for our students to pursue all their interests simultaneously. In February, our theater department will share another FIRST – Pacifica Christian’s First School Production – Once in a Lifetime. See our talented students at work and play on Friday, February 5th and Saturday, February 6th at The Attic Community Theater.
It has been a truly incredible start for Pacifica and for our founding students. We look forward to continuing this journey with you in 2016 and beyond.
A Lesson from George Washington - Happy Thanksgiving
Being thankful for every aspect of our lives creates a foundation for thinking and living well. As we become increasingly grateful for our ability to think, reason, and explore the world God created, we become better students. As we grow in appreciation for the people with whom we share life, we become better spouses, friends, and citizens. As we grow in gratefulness for our failures and the trials we encounter—that God is in the process of redeeming—we enjoy a deeper experience of peace. As we grow in our gratitude for the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, we experience true joy.Read More
Sign up for our newsletter!
Learn more about our joy-instilling, freedom-producing education by subscribing to our e-Newsletter.